Sunday 9 March 2008

Texturing the Eye

Now to start with the proper texturing. I started with the eye. Even though the reference shows the Anthropod to have no pupils, just plain brown/orange eyes, I thought I'd give them pupils anyway. As these are remakes of the original characters, I think minor differences like this are OK. Afterall, I am reacreating the characters in my own way. :)



As you can see here I have created a texture of an eye for the Anthropod. I know it's a little dark, but I will brighten it up later. For the overall look thoguh I experimented with different filters and combining the result with the added colours and a pupil on top. It's OK but obviously needs to be brighter.

Oh and another reason I created the pupils was because of this picture, which is a loading screen from X-com apocalypse.



I really like this and I even used it on the Eye UV and it looked REALLY nice but I didn't use it becuase it's meant to be my job to recreate these monsters, not to use what is what is already there.

No comments: