Monday 10 March 2008

Retexturing (again)

I know I said I'd be concentrating on posing, but I thought I'd redo the texture slightly. I tried changing it completely on the first three just to see if the overall colour could look better. I tried one more human looking skin colour, one more cream and one more orange.. looking more like the referenced image.

The last ones I experimented with a new texture on it. got a dirty looking texture and painted it on my texture for the skin and kept changing it slightly see how it looked. I think it made it look a lot more realistic. Tehy are only subtle differences but look closely especially around the belly/chest and you'll see what I have changed.

You see, I got the idea from another photo on the Internet of varicose veins (which I looked up before for the bump texture). This is different than the bump used before, just a normal photo but of the leg of a varicose vein subject.

In this photo the colour slightly resembles that of the skeletoid and is obviously very different than the normal healthy leg on the right. On closer inspection you can see dark patches where the body is obviously not healthy (other than the overall skin tone). In the latter of the experiments I tried to copy this look with the dirty texture I mentioned. but of course placed all over the body, rather than just the legs. I think this turned out quite successful, especially the very last image.

No comments: