Monday 10 March 2008

Anthropod Rig



I have created the Anthropod Rig and with it some poses.. But the weighting was far to difficult with the time remaining on the project that I have no time to proper weight. I thought this would be the easiest to pose because of it's simple structure compared to the skeletoid, yet I knew the legs would be difficult, but it turned out that the rig wasn't bad, it was the weighting that needs to be done on it which is too difficult.

And although my rig was good, the spine part of the rig for some reason broke. It's 'fine' but would not let me rotate backwards and there is no time left to fix this unfortunately.

I did (barely) manage to get the Anthropod in a rough crouching position..





But I had the Prone planned out to have the back rotated but of course could not do this in the end. The plan was to have the Anthropod laying down like normal, but rotating his chest upwards in an odd (and hopefully creepy) way. This would be at a 90 degrees to the body. the idea behind this is that the Anthropod's body is slightly jelly like, it would still move like a humanoid adn have tough skin, but it's insides would be like jelly, making it able to bend into awkward positions that humans cannot. This also means having flexible bones. This is the only decent way of having such a design being able to go 'prone', or at least half prone.

Of course it cannot prone like humans as it's head would be facing the floor and it wouldn't be able to see. I only really wanted from around the shoulders to top of head rotated upwards but unfortunately i could not do this.


Oh, back to the rig.. The arm IK handles I used arn't the conventional RC IK which create the nice bend for the arm. Instead, I thought 'd use a spline IK across each section of the arm. This was to give a lot more control over each part and makes them move more like worms on a body rather than arms. This si to further fortify my idea of the body being kind of like jelly rather than completely tough and completely resembling a human.

No comments: