Monday 10 March 2008

Micronoid



These are pictures of my newest character from Xcom apocalypse. The modelling for it is simple enough but the harder part is the texturing of it.

The first was my first attempt at texturing it and the second obviously different.

I made the purple and orange colours less obtrusive and quite miniscule in comparison to the first. I think this is better although I'm still not happy with it.I also changed the model slightly so it looks like it's whirling around. I think this makes the texture better but still is far from perfect.

Here is the reference from which I am working from.

Of course they will look different but I hoped for mine to look better than how it does. I still don't know too much about texturing though and i really wanted the micronoid to be shiny and transparent, maybe glittery but am unsure how at the moment., but I will have to leave it as it is for the moment. As I will now be spending time on posing the skeletoid.

No comments: