Monday 10 March 2008

Newer Anthropod Textures

I'm still not happy with the texture and here are a few more experiments..





With the darker one I tried a whole newer look, based from the fur/feathers of these animals..




Teh reason for this is because I wanted the Anthropod more purple, but retaining some blue at teh same time. And I think these are perfect examples, except mine didn't really look as good or nearly as natural. I'm also taking something from which I've seen on feathers and putting it on skin... which is probably a recipe for disaster, hence why it doesn't quite look right.

The second grey background version is a lot better I think and more true to the original design adn I think is rpobably the best so far and which I should probably stick with.

1 comment:

Today: In Seven said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. This a good project, keep it up!

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com