Sunday 9 March 2008

Simple Rigging Test

Here I experimented with rigging just to see wha the model would look like at the moment. I also did an extremely basic UV texture test.



As you can see in this picture, I have used an extremely basic rig and moved the arms into a position of holding a gun.. that which would be frequent in the game. I also modelled the red mesh to help with the weapon.



Here is another pose, but with a slight bend. As you can see the characters face deforms quite a lot when moved. This is to be expected because of the unusual and difficult design of the character. For this to bend correctly, appropriate weighting will need to be done. I won't be doing this as I wish to finish the texturing and the other character first. I may come back to it later and build a better rig and weight it accordingly for the characters to be put in various poses as the game would have, or even put them in a game engine if possible.. only time will tell.



And this picture is the fast texturing text. I got the UV map and put it in photoshop. As you can see I made most the body and face a cyan sort of colour and the arms a more blue. The reason for this is to prove that it's possible to have to UV maps (face and body) can look seamless together.. which is prooved by the cyan. And the Dark blue arms is to proove that bits can be broken up and look completely different, even though they are from the same UV (arms different than body even though both are from same UV). Oh, and the cream claws were put in for the same reason as the arms. Just to proove again how the texture can be broken up.

The point of the UV was just to show that I did all this in photoshop, and that I didn't use lamberts.

No comments: