Monday 10 March 2008

Back to the Anthropod

As I've done quite a lot to the skeletoid, and as it is it's pretty finished, I thought I'd come back to the Anthropod to create some 3 veins which I wanted to do before. the reason I didn't though was for organisational purposes.. as in.. I only wanted to come back to do extra tweaks like this when all the basics are finished first.

So here is a half done version of the veins.

I think it looks really kool but the way I did it meant that the poly count went WAAAaaay up. The following image shows why.

As you can see considering it isn't that much of a noticeable vein, the poly count is stupidly high and unnecessary. I did them by creating the veins as separate objects and using booleans to create a union between the two objects. This means that the objects are combined as one, except it means vertexs aren't matched up and will cause many errors if left. Instead of trying to match vertexs and edges up individually I selected the entire thing and smoothed it. This automatically adds divisions the the entire model (which I was going to do anyway) but also properly attaches the new object that had been united to the model, as shown.

No comments: