Monday 10 March 2008

Micronoid research










I was told by a few people that some good research for the Micronoid is that of the 'Phazon' from Metroid. the problem is, I have never played or seen any metroid game (althoguh I have heard of them) so it doesn't really help in finding them. But these pictures are the closest things to these 'Phazons', or its ingame cousins, found on the internet.

If I come back to remake the Micronoid I can definately use some of these to help me for inspiration. Of course not all help, like the bug, which is completely different, althgouh I do like the see through look which is what I had hoped to learn for it before.

The other ones with their electric look are great for research for the micronoid, yet it still needs a more organic look, which will be the tricky part. (looking both electric and orgainc) So it will be very difficult.

I wouldn't use the ice type one either because it is far too different copared to teh original. The icronoid is meant to be blood inside all the aliens in Xcom. But on its own it moves around like liquid and uses psychic abilities to hurt or take over people. This is probably why the electric look was put on it.

No comments: