Monday 10 March 2008

Texturing the eyes

And now is the time for texturing the eyes.

The first image I really like how my texture turned out. As you can see I made it resemble the eyes from the reference (unlike before) because the eyes on this creature are one of it's main features. And they look really great as they are. Being completely black with nothing but a slight shine to them really makes them look eerie.



The next i experimented a bit with them to see if they could be improved. I thought I'd do a larger 'shine' texture around the eyes but did the wrong side of the eyes. This kinda looks cool though, slightly like some sort of dogs eyes, but is not great for this character.



This final image shows off the final texture for the eyes with the whole body too, just to have a better idea of how the character is looking so far.

No comments: