Monday 10 March 2008

Boomeroid and Posing




These are pictures of a weapon from Xcom apocalypse. It is the 'boomeroid'. An alien weapon either the Anthropod or the Skeletoid would use. I have made this to help further demonstrate the purpose of my characters and will hopefully help make my characters look more like computer game characters rather than 3D pieces of art.

These will help greatly with the poses.. one of which I have created already.

This is a quick pose which is meant to portray a crouching position. A position possible for the characters in the game. As you can see I have placed the mine in it's hand to help demonstrate the characters purpose.

If you look closely on the third and fourth pictures you will notice that it wasn't a simple task of just smoothing the object (although I did smooth it) because noticeably on the third image you can see a lot of the vertices are messed up near the joins where the middle is more square and the outside is more round. I later fixed this (with some time) to kind of flatten the the rounder parts and make the middle bit more smooth, reconnecting them all together to create the finished piece.

No comments: