Monday 10 March 2008

Rigging



As you can see I have completely rigged my character. This was quite hard to learn, but once you've learnt it once it is pretty simple to do again on other characters.

The rig consists of a normal set of bones and joints for basic humanoid actions. The hand and feet can also bend in the same way apart from the pincers of course, which are made to bend slightly into a closed position.

These are all controlled by set driven keys located activated on circles and some attached via locators. The middle circles are used to bend the character or twist appropriately.

Although not all of these are required for this project, or even for in a game, I thought they were best to be done anyway, just for good practice. And one set I DIDN'T do which I could have was to move the mouth. This was because I didn't see it as necessary for the character. Looking at the reference from before it doesn't seem like it is a proper neck, but more of a tube so my interpretation of it is that it can't really move it's mouth, but I may decide differently later on and can always come back to it.