Friday 1 February 2008

Starting modelling.

I've started modelling. I drew out the front of one of the 'anthropod' (one of the aliens chosen to remake) and have started modelling it. I'm starting on the low res and am only working from quarter of the model at the moment but I have duplicated it to show what the entire thing 'roughly' look like at the moment..


LOW RES

..and this is the model so far



This is what I've been working from. It isn't much but I think it is enough to create a model from. The only problems or fears from modelling this character is that its legs are short and the arms are exceptionally long. Also, shoulders are barely visible. Though this is obviously intentional and is what makes the character look unique, it does make me wonder if it will look odd in Maya. Hopefully this will not be the case.



This is the drawing used as a reference to work from in Maya. I know it isn't perfect but it's good for a start. Ideally a side view would be used but I'm choosing not to use one as there isn't too much to show what the side looks like anyway. So, for now at least, I will be making it from scratch.

No comments: